You Give Job You Give Job

Awesome job

I'm not entirely sure what a "tarrist" is, perhaps someone who tars things? My guess is "terrorist" was the word which eluded the fine reviewer below me. I believe the author here is Armenian so it's probably a fair guess that he is not speaking a "tarrist" language. If you don't know what any country outside of your own is, I suggest you avoid jumping to conclusions and remember that anyone can be a terrorist. Why does everyone always forget people like Timothy McVeigh or Theodore Kaczynski...aren't they worse to have attacked their own people?

That said, I think this flash is fantastic. I even come back every few days to vote it a 5. Beautifully animated, excellent voice acting, and a great sense of humor. It's nice to see things on this site that don't involve "wacky," random humor filled with dick jokes. The art of good storytelling with plot, pacing, and well-timed jokes is a rarity on this site so keep up the good work! Flash animations like this are the reason I keep coming back!

Sykohyko responds:

thanks for clearing that up :)

Tiddlywank Tiddlywank

Wow.

That was exactly like watching an episode of DBZ. Except with squirrels. Tedious, repetitive, and full of ridiculous jargon. Not to mention 90% of it is watching someone power up. Perfect.

Life Lessons With DWARF Life Lessons With DWARF

I know this is pointless, but here it is anyway...

So before I get the expected response(s) to this saying that I just don't like the flash because of it's message let me say this: I get the humor here. It's kind of funny. It's nothing new, original, or even that creative, but I get it and can sort of chuckle. Honestly, the pages of ridiculous reviews full of exaggerated male bravado are more amusing.

What bothers me is the fact that a flash with *very* limited animation gets a 10, review after review, is mind boggling. And I don't mean just this film, I feel the same about every one of the "sacred" clock crew films. You just draw a static object, put a circle on the front, wiggle an arrow next to it, record a computerized voice and you have instant NG praise and success! I know humor is part of the consideration, but how can *everyone* overlook the substandard animation here?? The few people who have pointed this out have "useless" reviews of course (because everybody MUST love the clock crew), but in the end there are some scratchy lines, a fire (not animated or drawn by the artist) and an ornate clock hand (not drawn by the artist) that move on screen. The background is made up of stock images also not drawn by the artist. I'm sure it was very difficult to find images on the internet and then Photoshop them from their backgrounds.

I know this can all be considered a stylistic choice, which it may very well be, but it feels more like a short cut. To me, the clock crew films seem sort of "If we make them clocks, they won't be expected to move or have mouths so we won't have to synch lips or draw any walking cycles! We just have to draw one, barely changing picture of a character and sometimes it won't even need to change at all!" I'm not saying every flash has to be a masterpiece, but in this piece the artist essentially drew a gnome that doesn't move and recorded a voice. The sound quality is good, don't get me wrong, but to me this might as well have been an audio submission.

I'm not trying to completely dismiss this piece. I think it has an interesting style to it, good audio, and passable humor. The (one) drawing is pretty good too and I know flash isn't the easiest thing in the world. But to give it a 10? Can anyone truly think it deserves a full 10? It's just another flash with a high score because somebody's in the clock crew.

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful

Hotel Management Hotel Management

Pretty good time-management game!

I love the graphics, upgrades, setup of the hotel, sound effects/music, and I'm a total nerd for time-management games. The icons are clear and easy to understand without having to read a bunch of directions. The pace of customers is good, enough to keep you scrambling to keep up! The tutorial is nice, easy, and unobtrusive. I like how you have a meter showing a customer's happiness and the way a character's face changes as they get angry. It's also really cool how you have different customers with varying levels of patience. Something I haven't seen before is the occupancy limits on the spa and restaurant...I thought that was a very clever idea.

Some things I would change:
- The white highlight around selected characters, laundry, etc. isn't contrasting enough and it's often hard to tell if you have selected something. The red you use on the vacuum, though, is very nice and visible.

- The game play was a little easy. I probably play more of this sort of game than any one person should and that helps me to fly through early levels of these things, but I usually get caught up later on. I made it through day 18 without ever once being in danger of not making the goal. I even made enough money that I had all the upgrades by day 11. I think the problem is that the customers tip too much or the upgrades could be more expensive.

- Just a small thing, I didn't like that customers can call for something that isn't in the hotel yet. I upgraded my restaurant instead of the gym not realizing that the spa was "necessary" for the next level. It wasn't much of a problem, but it was annoying to have customers fuming while you couldn't help them.

- I like having a cumulative customer satisfaction "score." I noticed that if I took too long to check someone in and their happiness dipped, they were immediately back to full once in a room. In other games of this type, the customer will be a little happier but you need to work at it to get them back to the top. The angrier they are, the less they tip, until their bar equals zero and they leave. This setup makes it so you miss out on any more money from that customer whereas in your game they're likely to just pick something else they'd like instead. I also didn't get the sense that I made any less money for making them wait longer. I know that probably makes it way harder to program, but it would make the game play more engaging.

Some possible bugs:

- On day 17 I had a sudden rush of people and a lot waiting on the couches. A family appeared beside the reception desk and they had no icon above them to indicate what they wanted. I assumed they needed to check in, but they weren't clickable. Eventually they got mad enough to leave.

- Often times I would have to click 2 or 3 times before something would select, most often when selecting the vacuum. It was also hard to choose the correct person if two were sitting on a couch or waiting to go back to their rooms. In a game based on speed this can get irritating.

- Many times a customer request would pop up and I would immediately respond, but the second my mouse touched the door, the request would disappear. Then the customer would come back out with a request to leave. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug of some kind.

All in all, I think this is a very fun game with some potential to improve. Even adding more upgrades and/or increasing the cost of the current ones could really go a long way in adding to the playability. Keep the awesome games coming!

Governor of Poker Governor of Poker

Could have been cool...

I was really excited for this game. The graphics and idea are awesome. Unfortunately, I was horribly disappointed. Maybe it was just me, but my hand only hit 3 times out of 40+ hands. I counted. I was playing on the medium mode, but it was just impossible and, consequently, not fun at all. It's nice to have some sort of challenge but when my best hand is consistently a high card, it gets a little dull. The AI was cool though and I liked the player's personalities. I don't know, maybe I somehow just have really bad luck, but I couldn't get anywhere in this game.

Youdagames responds:

Just because you were unlucky for a long time you give it a 2?
My advise stop with poker all together because this is what happens now and again. When it happens the best pokerplayers keep their calm and don't let that get to their emotions. This is something that you apparently are not capable of.

The World's Hardest Game The World's Hardest Game

Don't Press Menu....

This was a good game, very hard. I quit though when I pressed "menu" to find a way to turn the music off or down...and it put me back at level one. I didn't want to redo all of it. Grr.